I just pushed a lot of changes to the production server:
- New stylesheets! This means that there aren’t any more image buttons; we’re using CSS3 for rounded corners, so if you aren’t using Firefox or Safari, well first of all, you should, but secondly, you only get boring square corners on your buttons. But everyone gets the nicer tab flow, as well as drastically reduced total page size (from cutting all the redundant junk out of the stylesheets).
- New Logo! As part of the redesign in the stylesheets, I also created a new logo, which is a bit nicer, and officially dropped the “Prime” designation; it’s just called “Mnikr” now.
- New Search Features! There’s now a search tab, which gives an easy way to find someone; it uses the same dynamic URL capabilities as before, but it’s a nicer interface to it.
- New Feeds! Every profile now has an http://activitystrea.ms-compliant Atom feed on it; it’s linked in the head section, so your browser will notice it, as well as having a link under the profile picture.
- New History! Profile activity streams, as well as the friends combined streams (for logged-in users), now have a way to access older batches of entries; just use the links for “Older” and “Newer” at the bottom of the page.
In the backend, of course, there’s the usual bevy of performance fixes, stability enhancements, and the like. In addition, I rearchitected one of the backend daemons; while it doesn’t give any changes to performance, it makes it a lot easier for me to code on (which is nice too). Massive props go to Simon Wistow for his Module::Pluggable CPAN module, which makes writing things like customized servers much, much easier. I’ve used it before, but I’m always amazed how good it really is.
So enjoy! The final round of major feature additions should be coming in the next couple of days, so stay tuned. And as always, feel free to go play around at http://www.mnikr.com!